We, Star Media Group Berhad [Company No.: 197101000523 (10894D)], together with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Star Media Group”) respect the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy of our users/subscribers/customers (collectively, “Users”), and strive to provide a safe and secure user experience.
You may refer to the group structure of Star Media Group here.
- Purpose of Personal Data collectedPersonal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our Websites and the other related channels may be processed and/or disclosed to our Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the following purposes (collectively, “Purposes“):
- to manage, verify and complete transactions with you;
- to manage and verify your membership for our customer loyalty scheme (where applicable);
- to direct market our products and/or services to you;
- to understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to improve our services;
- to respond to your requests or complaints;
- to send you updates on products, news and event updates, rewards and promotions, special privileges and initiatives offered by Star Media Group and/or its partners and/or advertisers;
- to process your payment transactions;
- for our credit control service and/or collection of debts due and owing to us; and
- to comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority.
- Phone number(s);
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Identity card number or passport number
- Impact of Non Provision of Personal DataPlease note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us, then your application or request for any of the above Purposes may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Websites, or the use of, or subscription to, or purchase of any products and/or services offered by Star Media Group may be denied or affected.
- Storage and Retention of Personal DataYour Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or in servers located in Malaysia. It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to third party services providers based/located outside Malaysia. By continuing to use the Websites, products and/or services of Star Media Group, you hereby consent to such transfer.Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes stated in paragraph (2) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.Save and except as provided in paragraph (15) hereof, we do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
- Communication or Utilisation DataThrough your use of telecommunications services to access the Websites and/or any other sites operated and/or managed by Star Media Group, your communications data (e.g. IP address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
- Automatic Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable DataWhen you access the Websites and/or use of any product/services offered by Star Media Group, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect, use and disclose non-personally identifiable data, including but not limited to information about your Internet browser and operating system, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed.We may use and disclose these non-personally identifiable data and share it within Star Media Group and/or third parties to inter alia; monitor the attractiveness of the Websites and improve our performance/product/services/content on an aggregate, anonymize and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information is not intended to be used to personally identify you.For example, we may collect:
- Device information— such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, such as language and available font settings, and settings of the device you use to access our Websites.
- Location information— such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s global positioning system (GPS) signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you do not have to enter those credentials each time you visit a Website.
- Cookies can help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which parts of our Websites are the most popular because they help us see which pages and features users access and how much time they spend on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt our Websites and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which advertisements you have seen so that you don’t receive the same advertisement each time you visit our Websites.
- Public ForumsOur Websites make information sharing, feedback, forums, and/or message boards available to Users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data. We request that users treat each other with courtesy and mutual respect.
- Job ApplicantsPersonal Data provided in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with Star Media Group and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement.Your information may also be used to monitor our recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies.Your details may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers and credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies record these searches and you can contact us to find out which agencies we used. Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future job opportunities.
- SecurityOur Websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When a User is asked to provide his/her credit card information, we provide a secure environment through our partners’ systems (using industry standard SSL or SET protocols) for this purpose.For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Websites. For your own protection, we require you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
- LinksOur Websites contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. We have established relationships with advertisers and/or business partners but such relationships are generally technical in nature, or content collaborations. If any advertisers and/or business partners access to any information entered by Users in our database, this fact shall be disclosed to the Users upon initiating the registration process. Users who feel they do not wish their information to be shared by anyone other than the Websites may then opt out of completing the registration.
- Access to, Correction and Update of Personal Data & Opt-out / UnsubscribeUnder the Act, you have the right to access your Personal Data held by us by paying a fee that may be imposed by us to cover our reasonable administration costs and to request correction and/or to update your Personal Data which are inaccurate, incomplete, misleading and/or not up-to-date.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about our products and/or services that we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, our marketing communication will contain instruction enabling you to “opt-out / unsubscribe”. If you do not wish to receive any future communication, you may click on the “opt-out / unsubscribe” button so that you will be removed from our mailing lists.If you would like us to delete your Personal Data, you can write to us by using the above contact information at any time.